Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Falcon & the Winter Soldier [Spoilers]
I think WandaVision is more "fun", where Falcon/Winter Soldier is going to be heavier. This is going to be Marvel tackling political and socio-economic themes. I don't have any issue with that, but I also think it's going to be darker and heavier as it relates to our actual world, unlike WandaVision which is really just centered on the characters and MCU.

I also think these shows are challenging because they not only are putting a standalone show together, it must tie in with the other MCU content and they have to view it through the lens of the long-game. Background and reveals come with time, but unless they wanted to spend the first season just on that, they almost had to run through it the way they did and go back to revisit some of the background later (whether through other MCU content or this show, and of course also noting that some of the background comes from prior MCU content). Trying to keep it suspenseful, interesting, connected and fast-paced is a lot to ask for these new shows but I think they've done a good job.

The production quality is also amazing for a show. It's definitely Marvel cinema worthy with the action scenes and overall location spacing.

I've really enjoyed it and looking forward to the next chapter!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Falcon & the Winter Soldier [Spoilers] - MileHighGrowler - 04-23-2021, 01:25 PM