Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Happened to the Comedy Movie Genre?
(05-26-2021, 10:20 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm almost ashamed to admit it but I haven't seen any of the Wes Anderson films since The Life Aquatic With Steve what's his name.

I LOVED Rushmore.  I LOVED the Royal Tenenbaums.  I own them both on DVD.  But could not get into the The Life Aquatic at all.  And since then I just haven't bothered watching any of the other stuff. 

I think I may have tried watching the Darjeeling Limited once on TV but I caught it after he had already started and turned off shorty after.

PS I need to know what the ***** ******* line is.

PPS I watch this every so often on Youtube.  I still lose it at "Did you say my mom gave you a handjob" every single time.  I don't know why but it's my favorite handjob line of the bunch.

I enjoyed the Life Aquatic, but much less than others, I'd rank the movies I've seen:

1. Grand Budapest Motel
2. The Royal Tennenbaums
3. Moonrise Kingdom
4. Rushmore
5. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
6. The Darjeeling Limited

I haven't seen Bottle Rocket or his 2 animated films yet. (Ooooh BR is on Amazon Prime and the other 2 are on Disney+)

I only got to watch Grand Budapest Motel in theaters and it was a treat despite it being a failed date. Wes Anderson is not a great date movie lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Happened to the Comedy Movie Genre? - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 05-26-2021, 01:00 PM