Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
It does make me laugh reading these boards, love to dip my toe in from time to time to witness the chaos.

In terms of logical moves in both FA and the draft, so far, this is the best I can remember from the Bengals since following the team in the mid noughties. I'm not calling any of these players slam dunks, no one knows that, but I really like the process here.

We signed a vet starter to a team friendly deal to instantly upgrade our RT position. Loaded up on solid D FAs to allow us to have an offensive minded draft. We draft the best college WR in a while who also happens to have a locked and loaded chemistry with our QB. We trade down and get great value in the 2nd. The amount of times this board has banged the drum to do this over the years and now we do so, get great value, still likely get a starter at guard, the hate continues to flow. 3rd round choice was a consensus BPA move in an area that needed improving.

I really dont understand what people are looking for going here when bemoaning every pick. Do people really think 3 or more rounds of only OLmen is the way forward? Genuinely? Do people honestly believe that Jonah Williams and Reiff are going to be beaten out so easily? Are there really better options in the 3rd and 4th rounds than XSF and Spain?

The mistake the franchise made was not taking OL seriously last year and being too passive in FA. But so far you cannot logically say this team isnt doing everything they can to make amends.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - ah5 - 04-29-2021, 10:02 PM
RE: ***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread*** - BritishBengal - 05-01-2021, 01:18 AM