Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired?
I guess I don't understand why people can't have different opinions. I think Carman was a reach. That doesn't mean I don't want him to play well. That doesn't mean I don't hope he stays healthy. That doesn't mean I'm hating on him. Not sure why that has to be argued. I can have that opinion. I still hope he is successful and plays well.

I agree that the OL doesn't seem like it was quite the priority of the DL. Yes, we signed Reiff, Spain, and drafted 3 OL. We still have major depth concerns along the OL.

Just looking at the starters, can Williams stay healthy? So far you have to expect him to miss games. He's played what, 10 out of 32 so far. Spain/XSF are both superior to Jordan. Will Hopkins be ready day 1? If not, does that mean it's Price? I'm hoping Hill gets a shot if Hopkins isn't ready to go, but he's a question also. Not doubting his ability, but we won't know what we have until he suits up. Same thing with Carman. Not saying he doesn't have talent, just don't know what we have in him yet. Reiff is an upgrade over Hart but is aging and on 1 year deal. I understand we can re-sign him but I still don't think he's the future at RT.

For our current back ups, Adeniji looks good but needs to make strides. Johnson isn't good. Jordan shouldn't be in the NFL. Price isn't good. Prince is a question mark. Played 2 games for Miami, got waived, was inactive the rest of 2019 and opted out of 2020. Sutherland is going into his 4th year and has played 5 games at OT. Then our newest draft pick Smith is going to take time. Obviously it is not gospel, but the popular opinion is that it's going to take 1-2 seasons before he becomes a contributor.

I'm a big fan of Pollack and think the OL should be better with him as coach, but if Hopkins isn't ready and Williams misses time again, the OL is going to suffer. Potentially Hill steps in and does well making up for Hopkins, but a Williams injury will hurt even more. Our depth is still very poor. There will still be June 1st cuts and other cuts as it gets closer to the season. I doubt this is our final OL. There is A LOT of room for improvement in the depth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired? - muskiesfan - 05-04-2021, 01:38 PM