Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired?
(05-06-2021, 11:52 AM)OSUfan Wrote: No you are actually just looking for a way to argue what has been proven by medicine and science. Once you were shown that the injury is common amongst professional athletes across the entirety of professional sports you are now turning to a single position group as if it is entirely different than any other position group in football when it comes to the procedure and recovery.

Here are the facts of the spine study that you are looking for:

"5. The study also revealed the players' performance scores, based on NFL game statistics, didn't change significantly between those players with upper-level CDH and those with lower-level injuries.

6. The researchers concluded "most NFL players who undergo cervical spinal surgeries for CDH are able to resume their careers." Additionally, no significant variances exist between players with upper-level versus lower-level cervical spine injures, in terms of return to play and performance level."

Any other questions?

https://www.beckersspine.com/spine/item/33548-67-of-nfl-players-return-to-high-level-of-play-after-cervical-spine-surgery-6-highlights.html

your making my point for me thanks!

I bolded the parts that you seemed to ignore, 28% never return to play that is significant, recovery time is 9 months which means no training camp?   I guess the short 3 year career doesn't concern you?  And the performance is based on the differences between upper and lower spine not people that had the injury and no injury at all.

1. The study found 67 percent of players with upper-level CDH returned to playing football following surgery and rehabilitation.

2. Seventy-two percent of those players with lower-level injures returned to play following surgery and rehabilitation.

3. Recovery time averaged nine months for all players.

4. The researchers found, on average, players continued playing in the NFL for approximately 44 games and three years post-surgery.

5. The study also revealed the players' performance scores, based on NFL game statistics, didn't change significantly between those players with upper-level CDH and those with lower-level injuries.

6. The researchers concluded "most NFL players who undergo cervical spinal surgeries for CDH are able to resume their careers." Additionally, no significant variances exist between players with upper-level versus lower-level cervical spine injures, in terms of return to play and performance level.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired? - AtomicBlaze - 05-06-2021, 12:04 PM