Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired?
(05-06-2021, 05:33 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote:  I think back surgery comes with a lot of risk, my step brother had a similar surgery and ended up paralyzed and later died from complications.  So I doubt a surgeon would recommend it if the injury wasn't serious.  Football fans rarely take back injuries seriously, and apparently neither do Bengals coaches, that is the only reason I am irritated.  I could totally see him being rushed into the lineup before he has had the full recovery.  Just look at JJ Watt and many other star players who rush back from back surgery only to mess up their back again.

Sorry to hear about your brother, yet you are assuming that a physician stated it was necessary or the only route to take for recovery. More times than you probably know the choice is decided by the player not by actual necessity. Players may very well opt for surgical repair in an effort to speed up the timeframe to be fully recovered. Tua at Alabama is a great example. It is medical knowledge that high ankle sprains heal with time. Tightrope surgery is not required to recover from a high ankle sprain. A high ankle sprain generally heals in the timeframe of 6 to 8 weeks give or take the severity of the original injury.

However, that would have put Tua out of playing in key games for Bama.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired? - OSUfan - 05-07-2021, 10:51 AM