Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase and Next Gen Stats
They have Chase ranked the highest of all WR's taken the last 4 years for pro bowl probability. I was a Sewell guy, but I understand why the Bengals went Chase and then OL and 2 4th rounds added picks in the draft. He has speed, quickness and a toughness factor.

Thoughts?

Ja'Marr Chase
LSU · WR · 21 years old
Production Score: 89

Athleticism Score: 99

OVERALL DRAFT SCORE: 99

PRO BOWL PROBABILITY: 24%

Who will be the first non-quarterback selected in the 2021 NFL Draft? It very well might come down to Kyle Pitts vs. Ja'Marr Chase -- and the numbers support the hype. Driven by elite athleticism and record-breaking statistics, Chase enters the draft with the highest probability of making a Pro Bowl within his first three seasons (24%) of any wide receiver over the last four draft classes. Among 52 wide receivers invited to this year's combine, Chase posted top-three numbers at LSU's pro day in the 40-yard dash (4.34), broad jump (11 feet even), vertical jump (41 inches) and short shuttle (3.99), making him the first wide receiver (invited to the combine) to break four seconds in the short shuttle since Amari Cooper did it in 2015 (3.98 seconds). The 2019 Biletnikoff Award winner -- the award is given to the nation's top wide receiver -- led the FBS in receiving yards (1,780) and receiving touchdowns (20) as a true sophomore in a receiving corps that also featured eventual first-round pick and rookie Pro Bowler Justin Jefferson. Despite opting out of the 2020 season to prepare for the draft -- which did affect his production score -- Chase grades out as one of the most complete wide receivers to enter the NFL in some time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
There is so much to like about Chase. His production. His athleticism. His testing.

What I love most about him is the guy just wants to do anything he can to win. That is where he and Joe are so connected. It is all about ball, and it is all about winning.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 09:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: There is so much to like about Chase.  His production.  His athleticism.  His testing.  

What I love most about him is the guy just wants to do anything he can to win.  That is where he and Joe are so connected.  It is all about ball, and it is all about winning.

I agree, for those who think is easy to find a true #1 WR that can play all Outside and slot positions, look around the league. There are not many. It allows our OC to create more mismatches versus just lining them up outside every play.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
*ahem*

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Next-Gen-Stats-%E2%80%9CCan%E2%80%99t-Miss-Prospects%E2%80%9D

Reply/Quote
That short shuttle is crazy and is what I judge players most on at the Combine and Pro Days. His quicks are off the charts
and we are only talking about his athleticism. But his mental game is also off the charts as SHRacer said, he has an inner
desire to be the best ever, same as Joe. Chase is so physical he isn't going to be bullied by NFL corners. Dude is one tough
sumbitch and welcomes contact but knows how to avoid it.

Getting the OL fixed and Chase is the dream on Offense. Think it happened, we will see.
Reply/Quote
Chase will make Mixon Higgins and Boyd that much better.
Think about it , its possible that in back to back drafts the Bengals got the absolute best QB and WR at their positions.
And to.boot, Burrow is going to make sure he doesnt endure
Another losing season.
And Chase and Burrow might have enough moxie to actually
Will this team to a winning record. And you throw in Higgins and
Carmen both from Clemson.....these 4 guys all.they know is winning
And being at the top of the mountain.
Chase is that gamebreaker that this offense has lacked for years
Reply/Quote