Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Play Of The Season?
I know it's a long ways off and a lot can happen between now and then in terms of free agents, player improvements, etc., but I was thinking about this and figured it would be a nice topic to have.

Say we win the toss and elect to take the ball. The kickoff goes out-of-bounds and we get the ball at the 25.

What's your first play?

The traditional handoff to Mixon off-tackle?

Drop back pass from Burrow with 7 to 10 yard routes?

Do you go big with a play-action fake to Mixon and then unload a deep ball to Chase?

That last one has my vote to start the new era off right! Think about how pumped that would get the fanbase!

The possible downsides to that, obviously, are an incomplete pass and we start off with no momentum, an interception, or Burrow gets sacked.

It would obviously depend on how well our line comes together in the offseason to find out whether or not we'd trust them, but I think the upside of that would outweigh the possibility of an incompletion.

What if our first play comes after they punt on their first series and we get the ball at our own 40 or the 50?

Or we stop them but end up with the ball on our own 25?

What if they score first?
Reply/Quote
If you unload a deep.ball to Chase then all of a sudden the Vikings
Will.have to keep.2-safeties back incomplete or not.

Myself I would have JB under center and have him fake one
Of the stretch zone runs to the left then have JB rollout to right
And hit Chase on that same route deep.crossing route Tyrek Hill runs With the Chiefs
Reply/Quote
Sack

Sent from my WP8 Pro using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Mixon rush behind Carman. 3 yards.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Play Action to Tyler Boyd over the middle on a slant
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
11 personnel tight zone strong side.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 07:48 PM)ah5 Wrote: Sack

Sent from my WP8 Pro using Tapatalk

I was coming here to say this.

They'll try something cute, it'll take too long, bam.

But I do enjoy being wrong.
Reply/Quote
Tyler Boyd underneath cross route. Money.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Run to the right through a massive hole created by Carman and Reiff with Jonah pulling around blowing someone up.
Reply/Quote
Line up with a fullback and run up the gut.  
Reply/Quote
Well, first of all, didn't we get screwed on that ball placement?

But anyway, I'm for a short route, avoiding starting the day with a sack, go to Chase or Boyd, build excitement right from the start.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 07:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Say we win the toss and elect to take the ball.  The kickoff goes out-of-bounds and we get the ball at the 25.

Well, in that case the first move would be to ask the refs if they are drunk.

Also, run.
Reply/Quote
Slant or delayed hand off
Reply/Quote
A run with Mixon for 9 yards. Place will explode.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 07:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I know it's a long ways off and a lot can happen between now and then in terms of free agents, player improvements, etc., but I was thinking about this and figured it would be a nice topic to have.

Say we win the toss and elect to take the ball.  The kickoff goes out-of-bounds and we get the ball at the 25.

What's your first play?  

The traditional handoff to Mixon off-tackle?

Drop back pass from Burrow with 7 to 10 yard routes?

Do you go big with a play-action fake to Mixon and then unload a deep ball to Chase?

That last one has my vote to start the new era off right!  Think about how pumped that would get the fanbase!

The possible downsides to that, obviously, are an incomplete pass and we start off with no momentum, an interception, or Burrow gets sacked.  

It would obviously depend on how well our line comes together in the offseason to find out whether or not we'd trust them, but I think the upside of that would outweigh the possibility of an incompletion.  

What if our first play comes after they punt on their first series and we get the ball at our own 40 or the 50?  

Or we stop them but end up with the ball on our own 25?

What if they score first?

Then the first play should be challenging the spot, as a kick out of bounds puts the ball 25 yards from the spot of the kick (i.e. the 40), and berating the referee for such a screw up.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 05:28 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: Well, first of all, didn't we get screwed on that ball placement?

But anyway, I'm for a short route, avoiding starting the day with a sack, go to Chase or Boyd, build excitement right from the start.

Well once again I see I should have read all of the replies before posting myself...
Reply/Quote
Play action pass, Burrow to Chase for 14 yards.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 07:42 AM)hollodero Wrote: Well, in that case the first move would be to ask the refs if they are drunk.

Also, run.

(05-16-2021, 10:47 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Then the first play should be challenging the spot, as a kick out of bounds puts the ball 25 yards from the spot of the kick (i.e. the 40), and berating the referee for such a screw up.

I meant out the back of the endzone for a touchback.  
Reply/Quote
Fumbled snap, defensive touchdown. Bengals 0-7
Reply/Quote
Run a simple go route with the very first play.Burrow to Chase.If this works,talk about electrifying the crowd.From the beginning,assuming it’s successful,after this they would really zero in on Chase.That would leave a lot of doors open then for Higgins and Boyd,and help with the run game,as they would be dropping back.
Reply/Quote