Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
1 bad and 1 good off-season addition
I have multiples.

Good moves. Low key variety.

FA = Hilton. I liked Alexander but I think Hilton is an upgrade.

Draft = mid-round DL picks: Ossai, C. Sample, Mack. The DL was terrible last year. Injuries played a part, but so did lack of talent/depth.

Coaching = Pollack.

Bad Moves.

Coaching = Retaining ZT & Lou.

I hate scheme coaches. Adapt to what you have. ZT is WAAAY too pass happy (got Burrow killed). Is a poor judge of other coaches (Turner) and a poor game manager. And not that good a playcaller.

Likewise, Lou gets less out of more better than anyone I've ever seen (WJ3, Dunlap, etc). His passivity and tendency to drop DEs into coverage just does not work. At least he has better zone guys this year (Hilton, Awuzie) and a DE who can, maybe, cover a bit (Ossai). No more excuses.

Players = not doing more to bolster the OL.

Look. I know we had a lot of holes. We needed a deep threat/WR1 & Chase fits the bill. We desperately needed DL help and secondary with WJ3 + Alexander gone, and better depth at CB.

But Burrow is our future and must be protected. That unit was terrible. We upgraded to mediocre and are relying on Pollack to fix everything with Turner's guys + Reiff (better pass blocker than Hart but worse run blocker) and a rookie OT who is switching to guard. Smith & Hill are not likely to contribute this year.

I'd much rather have one more stud OL and $10 million less in cap space. We went bargain bin on OL, again.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1 bad and 1 good off-season addition - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 06-04-2021, 07:25 PM