Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers Had The Third-Worst Offseason...
(06-08-2021, 08:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I've been predicting the Steelers demise for the past ten years or so and they somehow always prove me wrong.

I do believe, as the article points out, that this season could be different though just because, as I pointed out, it looks like Ben's at the end of his rope and can't extend plays like he used to.  

I think it all falls apart without Ben.

Browns have arguably the best offensive line in the NFL and I think Mayfield could make some noise if teams don't find a way to pressure him because his confidence will only grow, which I'm actually hoping that Burrow gets that kind of loud, leadership confidence because I don't think we've had that in recent times.  Dalton could be loud and enthusiastic, but he didn't really have that "put the team on my back and lead us to victory" ability to go with it, and Palmer had the ability but never really seemed that vocal.

Agree on the Ravens.

I wish I had more faith in Taylor.

Yeah, what is tough about the Stains is that running game behind that O-line. It takes pressure off of Mayfield and opens up 
Play Action for them. You have to shut the run down to have a chance. I like the guys we brought in with Reader, Hendrickson,
Shelvin, Ossai, Cam Sample, Wyatt Hubert cause they can all stop the run along with Hubbard. This is where we needed to 
improve the most this Offseason, we will see if we can stay healthy.

(06-08-2021, 10:24 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Another article spelling the Steelers doom. Another instance of me twirling my fingers saying 'woo-hoo' as sarcastically as I can.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Lol, true enough.

(06-09-2021, 02:10 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Stop with the 'if Lamar stays healthy' BS. 

He will eventually get hurt like every other player does. Look up the stats (please), QBs are much more likely to get injured in the pocket. RGIII has scarred your brain. Remember Steve Young, Vick, Cunningham, Cam, McNabb and basically every other mobile QB who had long careers? Btw Lamar has never missed a game due to injury. He missed one for Covid and another resting because he led his team to the #1 seed. For the Bengals sake, you're hoping this is the year he does get hurt. If not, we'll be resting our starters by the 4th quarter again and letting Zac kick meaningless FGs.

You should be more concerned about your own QB's health and his coaches & Oline's ability to protect him.

Good points Bmore, cannot argue with any of them. Just think a bigger hit is more likely to happen outside of the pocket when a
QB is running similar to what happened to Trent Green back in the day. They protect the QB in the pocket more so today but you 
are correct, Burrow got hurt in the pocket and it happens more often as you said. Lamar is also a natural at making Defenders 
miss and avoiding the big hits.

And I am more concerned about Burrow's health and the O-line's ability to protect him. I do like the players we brought in though 
in Riley Reiff, Jackson Carman, Spain, XSF, D'Ante Smith and Trey Hill along with Pollack coming back as our OL coach.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers Had The Third-Worst Offseason... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-09-2021, 01:49 PM