Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor interview on new Peter Schrager/Todd McVay podcast “Flying Coach”
(06-11-2021, 03:39 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: There is nothing wrong with podcasting. If you have to lean on “older coaches” disagreeing, it just means you’re outdated or out of touch. Podcasting is huge right now, and no reason he shouldn’t take advantage. Dude has been to playoffs most of his years and super bowl once.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with podcasting.  In fact, I enjoy quite a few different podcasts.  I just don't think a HC in the NFL should be co-hosting one.

Someone else said it earlier, and they were right.  To me it seems like a coach is too interested in growing his brand, or being in the spotlight.  Doesn't he get enough of that already?

I don't care if a coach chooses to go on them.  I just don't think the optics are that good to partner up on one.  To be publicly devoting this much time to this at this point in the offseason isn't a good look IMO.  Go find something else to do with your free time that's not front and center.  

To paraphrase the (not so) great Suge Knight:  "If you want a coach that doesn't wanna be all up in the video's, all up in the podcasts, come to..." (Sean McVay is the Puff Daddy of NFL coaches.)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor interview on new Peter Schrager/Todd McVay podcast “Flying Coach” - Wes Mantooth - 06-11-2021, 04:21 PM