Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor interview on new Peter Schrager/Todd McVay podcast “Flying Coach”
(06-13-2021, 01:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1.) Zac is not only not close to the worst coach in history, 2.) but he has a pedigree and plenty of experience in the realm of football; he didn't pay his way to professionals, to do shit for him.

1.) Actually he's very close to the worst coach of all time.  I refer you to this list for proof:  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/

If you really play dive into that list you'll see he's in the running.  You'll notice that many people below him in win totals coached less games and have higher winning percentages. 

In fact, if you sort the list by winning % with a qualifying minimum amount of games it will remove a number of coaches.  Zac's percentage would put him 188 out of 189, right behind Hue Jackson.  You wanna know who's last?  Bert Bell, who coached from 1936-1941.

So, I won't argue he's the worst coach of all time.  That's hard to judge.  But for you to say he's not even close?  I take exception to that statement.

2.) I would like you to define both "pedigree" and "plenty of experience".  Because these descriptions lead me to believe "this guy's got a helluva resume."  In reality though?  Not so much.  He had a couple stops as an assistant QB coach, and an assistant WR coach.  He also spent one year at Cincinnati as OC, where the offense ranked 123th out of 128 FBS teams.

C'mon dude.  As of right now, Zach Taylor is among the worst head coaches the NFL has ever seen.  That may change.  I hope it does.  But this is true.  He also absolutely does not have a pedigree or a level of experience that is worth holding up as some sort of grand accompishment.  Because if that's the case, then every single coach in the league has a pedigree and experience.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor interview on new Peter Schrager/Todd McVay podcast “Flying Coach” - Wes Mantooth - 06-13-2021, 02:18 PM