Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sooo..the Chargers hire a 1st time HC yet are a potential playoff team
(06-16-2021, 09:47 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I can't blame anyone for not ranking the Bengals very high. As far as putting the Chargers up there, there's a hot team every year a preseason darling. Remember the Browns 2 or 3 years ago ? Everybody had them in playoffs and they won like 5 games.

Perhaps Chargers are this seasons sexy early pick ?

Some folks were high on the 2019 Browns, but a lot of people were pretty sure Freddie Kitchens was going to suck as badly as expected.  Another hot take was that the Browns suddenly had too many big egos and big names on their team.  I thought that was a bit of a low-blow seeing as the Browns had been ragged on for decades for having no names and no talent on their team and being all the worse for it.

Actually, the 2019 Browns were probably like the 2019 Bengals in the sense that fans looked at a chaotic 2018 season that ended in 6/7 wins and thought there was "no way" they could replace their loser HC and get worse. I think people forget that we were supposed to be in win-now mode in ZT's first year. Dude was going to resurrect Dalton, use Mixon and Ross correctly, and blah blah blah.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sooo..the Chargers hire a 1st time HC yet are a potential playoff team - Nately120 - 06-16-2021, 10:07 PM