Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with an old Briggs and Stratton
(06-20-2021, 08:32 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Interesting thought.  This might have to be the fall back idea if I can't find a genuine replacement part.  Thanks for the idea.

Thanks for the link.  This looks like the one I mentioned that is shaped differently, but I noticed in the comment section that someone had trimmed the triangular section to make it fit their needs, which sounds similar to the shape difference I have.  So this might work.  I did notice in the lower section of similarly searched items that you can buy this filter AND the housing which was labeled as a filter upgrade.  I'm starting to think I need to email the fine people at B&S customer service to see what they can tell me.  Perhaps that upgrade kit will fit as a direct replacement.

As for the stabilizer, I always use it in my small engine gas.  There is a spray from PB Blaster that is intended to spray into the cylinder before starting, then into the air intake while running to help clear out deposits, and I planned to do that at the same time as the filter change.  I actually hit the auto parts stores looking for some today with no success, so I will probably stop by Wally World (Walmart) tomorrow for a can.

I'm pretty sure that the new shaped filter and housing will fit right onto the older B&S engines.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need help with an old Briggs and Stratton - SunsetBengal - 06-20-2021, 09:11 PM