Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Important Year for Jonah Williams
(06-24-2021, 01:15 PM)PDub80 Wrote: YET AGAIN you have failed at reading comprehension. Not only that, but you're willfully ignorant since you don't read entire posts and just jump to conclusions based on... ME LIVING RENT FREE IN YOUR HEAD.

I did not call Reiff a scrub at all. The scrub comment was in regards to the defensive players that would have been left if they didn't sign the defensive guys they did at that point in time. Directly after that comment, I complimented Reiff in a positive way. Here, I will copy, paste, and bold where you struggled....

- They then started grabbing up defensive FAs so they didn't have a pile of money to spend on the scrubs that were left (panic move, IMO)

- Dust settles and they still have a bunch of money so the Bengals turned to a big time WR to sign (a bigger or at least equal need to O line)... which would free them up to draft Sewel. That failed on March 20th.
- By March 22nd, they then hurriedly got Reiff - who has positional versatility - to sign, which opened up options to fix things via the draft or a cut linemen down the road in the summer.... LUCKY for the Bengals because he was the last guy left who would have been an improvement at that point.

Now, please, do the entire board a favor and take 2 minutes to go into your bathroom and follow these simple steps....
1: Splash some cold water on your face
2: Look yourself in the eyes and ask yourself aloud "Why am I this way?"
3: Do some honest soul searching
4: Come back to the boards and tell me how sorry you are for being illiterate while trying to have an intelligent conversation with someone who has an IQ in the 150s

Also, the Bengals met with Reiff LATE into the "first round" ... perhaps even into the 2nd round of the FA period. Not at the beginning as you have stated. Nor was he any part of an "Original plan". That's just patently FALSE.

Kenny Golladay contacted the Bengals not the other way around. Also by March 22nd the Staff had a decent idea of the depth at Offensive Line in the drsft class allowing them to explore other options in round 1 besides Penei Sewell.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Very Important Year for Jonah Williams - Synric - 06-24-2021, 03:22 PM