Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Important Year for Jonah Williams
(06-24-2021, 11:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The difficult part is not knowing the plan. If i'm at the head of the table, i'm not putting all my eggs in one basket. I'm not even putting half my eggs in one basket and half in another. 

I'd have to think they're smart enough to have plan(s) A, B, C, D and E. Optimally, plan A, being your first, is the way it plays out for them. If not, you continue to go down the list. 

A. Sign a Thuney or a big name T, if one is available and go from there. 
B. The market numbers are too high for plan A so look at the next couple guys in line.
C. The top 4 or 5 line guys choose someone else so you start to look at top line defensive guys of need.
D. etc
E. etc

You (they, hopefully) have to have the flexibility to go heavy O in FA and then heavy D in the draft or vice versa. None of that discounts that they may have mistook market value and been surprised that they couldn't, or wouldn't, go plan A but they should have had several plans that they were comfortable with, going in. 

The success/failure of the Chase+Carman+oline later to develop, will determine if the route they took was right or wrong. 

I think they ended up quite far down the plan, hence my "Plan Q", lol. But, you're right. Kudos to the Bengals for continuing to roll w the punches.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Very Important Year for Jonah Williams - PDub80 - 06-25-2021, 12:08 AM