Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart
(07-31-2021, 12:48 PM)GodFather Wrote: Sewell has NOTHING to do with this discussion. I think Reiff was a good pickup. I also think trading down in the second because we passed on Sewell for Chase(which Im fine with) meant address this issue in second round with best available lineman. There were plenty and we chose to trade down and eventually take Jackson. I think it was a mistake for an offensive line that performed so badly in 2020 to do. We should've been more aggressive in FA with the line too, but again another topic. 

I don't think what Im saying is anything but common sense.

If your car engine has a ton of serious work that needs to be done are you going to get new tires instead? Even though the tires need replacing the car engine has more issues that need your addressing? Thats the front office in a nutshell...

Pollock is so much better than Turner but he cant polish a turd and thats what the OL was in 2020, pure shit.

Sorry if my original post was a little mean brother. Seems like you took a lot of crap for your OP. But we are upgraded at the 
starting positions from 2020. My biggest problem is depth as behind the starters we have guys like Jordan and Prince. Even if 
for some odd reason Carman doesn't start at RG game 1 he is great depth and it just means the vets beat him out. 

It was XSF's first season with us and he was under Turner who was a shit OL coach. Spain came in late in the season and had
to learn a new system and the Line got much better as a whole once he got here. Don't give me PFF grades. But this line of...

LT- Jonah Williams (2nd year hoping to stay healthy after having a promising first year) D'Ante Smith
LG - Quinton Spain/XSF/Jordan
C - Trey Hopkins/Trey Hill/Billy Price
RG - Jackson Carman/XSF/Jordan
RT - Riley Reiff/Jackson Carman

Is a lot better than last years. It is all preference and we will see how Pollack, not Pollock the fish coaches over Turner.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-31-2021, 01:29 PM