Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart
(08-09-2021, 06:13 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: We were not promised a plug and play guy.  All I heard was that he would have a learning curve moving inside and that the long term plan would be that he could replace Reiff.  Nothing like that sounds like plug and play.  Why in the world would Carman be considered plug and play when he never played OG in college?

Please ask them that! Don't frame it like I was ever for playing Carman inside- or playing Carman anywhere lol. I didn't want Carman at all. I'm just holding them to account for what they said. Of course there's a learning curve! But that was (allegedly) factored into the equation. I remember hearing 'them' say that he was more polished than Penei for playing one year at RG, before swinging him outside in year two. Fine. I won't argue.

The logic was that the drop-off from Chase to < insert R2 wideout here > was greater than Sewell to < insert R2 OL here >. Period, full stop, point finale. We could get a receiver to go over the top of the defense and a cog to reinforce the matador-esque line that put Burrow on the shelf, with our first two picks; and the OL was sooo deep that there were more than enough names from which to choose. Again, fine. Their call. Point being, we weren't looking for projects at either position. This didn't happen that long ago! It is absolute revisionist history to say that people would have been content with that . This is a team that won 4 games last year, and we were coming out of there with at least two new starters- come hell or high water.

Problem is, we couldn't even do that right. We went off the board in R2 for... god knows knows what reason... probably starts with "Fairfield" and ends in "High School"... and today, barely three months later, our R4 is slotted higher on the depth chart than said R2. Our R2 is already making headlines for all the wrong reasons. In fact, if things don't change over the next month, we'll be rolling with 4 of the 5 starters from last year. No matter how you look at it, that is scandalous.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart - tms - 08-09-2021, 11:10 PM