Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals not expecting to sign Bates to an extension at this time
(08-10-2021, 05:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Your logic seems a bit contradictory.

You claim the team is terrible and has been terrible for years yet you believe that Bates is dying to re-sign here.

If I really thought the team was that bad then I would not believe a player when he claims he wants to re-sign here.
When did I say dying to be here?
Also he is 24 and at the top of his profession. He is probably naive enough to be believe he can turn the team around. Like most young people he doesn't know any better.

Also it happens to be in his best interest to sign a long term deal right now than wait until spring to sign a new deal.
(08-10-2021, 05:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Some players say the correct thing, some players say the wrong thing.

Bates said the correct thing.

Stop with the naivety

Bates very well could be lying about wanting to be here but it makes zero financial sense for him not to get a deal done.  What person in Bates position would turn down a long term deal playing this sport knowing he could get hurt while also knowing they could use the franchise tag on him? 

Also if he didn't want to be here then why is he practicing and why hasn't he demanded a trade yet?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bates not expecting to sign Bates to an extension at this time - J24 - 08-10-2021, 05:42 PM