Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
As Exciting And Rewarding This Season Has Been so Far I'm shaking My Head..
(10-29-2015, 10:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Steelers won 4 titles in the 70's, 2 here recently, plus they were pretty outstanding during the 90's. So they've picked up countless "fans" along the way. I've never understood how some people can just root for a team they have no connection with. If you don't live anywhere near an NFL team, I guess I can understand picking out a successful one to cheer for, but these bandwagon Steelers fans that pack opposing stadiums obviously have a local team they could follow.

There are people in tool and die that root for Steelers...not all of them, I didn't.....Just because you work with steel, doesn't mean you need a Steelers decal on your tool box.....but they do get some people that because they work with metal and steel, they think they have to root for a team of that name. ...but a lot of tool and die and factory people root for other teams and are not so one dimensional. .....Also New York media such as ESPN seems to cry if Steelers lose. They sure don't cry if Bengals lose, but they cry if Steelers lose. The media plays a big part in the Steelers hype. 

Come Sunday, on the field, the 1970's won't matter, Super Bowls past won't matter, the media won't matter.....Just the two teams of 2015 going at it......and you can put all the history in the garbage can. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: As Exciting And Rewarding This Season Has Been so Far I'm shaking My Head.. - kevin - 10-30-2015, 07:04 PM