Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Why am I so damn optimistic?
(12-02-2021, 10:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Inconsistency?  They had ONE game in the last 6 where they failed to score 30 points.  It was also one of just 2 games (out of 11) where they gave up over 30 points.  

I keep saying it, and people don't want to acknowledge it, but three straight road games is an absolute *****.  The Bengals were one of just two teams to get that by the NFL.  The other, the Colts, had a 12 point lead in the 4th quarter in their third game and lost as well.  It may sound like an excuse, but I wanted to give the defense the chance to get right at the bye week.  Since then, they completely shut down the Raiders and the steelers.

That was more of a blip on the radar than a model of inconsistency.  

They had some adversity, they dealt with it, and they seem like they are back on track.  I don't see this team taking any one lightly.  They have experienced what can happen if they do.  

Should the Bengals make the playoffs (and I think they have a very good chance of that), they will have made it with one of the toughest schedules in the league.  Right now, only the Pats can say they are hotter than the Bengals and their schedule on their run hasn't exactly been a murderer's row.

What has me so excited is Burrow in year 2, and how he shines on the biggest stage.  It won't be a cake walk to get to the Super Bowl, but if they win the division, I think they actually have a damn good chance.

Next up, Herbert and the Chargers.  Huge AFC matchup where both will be contending for playoff spots in the same conference.  

(12-02-2021, 10:28 AM)Synric Wrote: There have been plenty of inconsistencies. First Half Struggles and then lots of points in the second half. Defense disappearing before the bye week. Turnovers. Solid pass protection one week massive pressures the next. Stuggles with 3rd and short. I'm not saying they havent overcome alot of them and have come out of the bye week strong but there are still 6 games left. They really need to finish with a 4-2 (possibly 3-3) to lock down a playoff spot against a tough schedule.

Their biggest inconsistency is stringing together a few wins in a row. Win a couple, read press clippings, drop a game you shouldn't have dropped. They need to take the next 2 and then see how things turn out in Denver. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Why am I so damn optimistic? - SHRacerX - 09-09-2021, 08:18 AM
RE: Why am I so damn optimistic? - Sled21 - 09-09-2021, 09:16 AM
RE: Why am I so damn optimistic? - Luvnit2 - 09-10-2021, 05:11 PM
RE: Why am I so damn optimistic? - 3wt - 09-11-2021, 11:26 AM
RE: Why am I so damn optimistic? - Tony - 09-15-2021, 10:14 PM
RE: Why am I so damn optimistic? - Sled21 - 12-02-2021, 09:40 AM
RE: Why am I so damn optimistic? - Synric - 12-02-2021, 10:09 AM
RE: Why am I so damn optimistic? - Synric - 12-02-2021, 10:28 AM
RE: Why am I so damn optimistic? - rfaulk34 - 12-03-2021, 02:48 AM
RE: Why am I so damn optimistic? - jason - 02-03-2022, 11:25 AM