Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Low market city and bias referee calls
(09-14-2021, 10:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not market size, it's fanbase size. Legacy teams like Pissburgh get all the calls. The Packers are probably the smallest market, but have a huge fan base. Same with the Patriots. And of course we are talking about questionable calls, and close calls. They can't not call the holds Minny was putting on Hendrickson and the rest of the D-line yesterday.... I mean, it's not like they're Pissburgh.

Sled21,

I agree with you on fanbase size. But many times here in the past I kept on reading about city market size and NY's NFL office would be making decisions against small-market teams and I would be shaking my head in disbelief.  Coming from NY, I would say then the Jets would be dominating the AFC. Which obviously is not true. 

Pissburgh does get all the calls. But what about Dallas? They also have a large fanbase size. And I hate to say this, but Minny has a larger fanbase size then Cincy even though Cincy has a larger market size. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Low market city and bias referee calls - BengalYankee - 09-14-2021, 10:52 AM