Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals Twitter with a hilarious Tweet
(10-14-2021, 01:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Seriously? That is the stupidest thing I have heard.

So you don't put on nicer clothes for a funeral, job interview, or date? You don't clean your house before you're having guests over? You let your lawn just go to absolute shit and look like a jungle? If you owned a restaurant why not just write your menu on some cardboard boxes and have some milk crate chairs while you sit around in underwear, a bathrobe, and a neckbeard.

THAT sounds to me like you've lost at life. 

Appearance has a lot of connection to mentality. Mentality has a lot of connection to success. People talk all the time on here about Burrow's swagger/confidence and how much of a plus it is and how much it spreads. What did he do when he got drafted? He got new teeth. He got expensive new suits. Has Joe Burrow already lost at life?

You misunderstood.

If one goes on thinking that appearances mean more than actual, tangible results, then all is lost.

In context to the team, if you win games and/or championships, you aren't going to think a team is bad because of a cart. If you choose to make fun of a team because of a damn cart, ignoring the purpose and results of the team itself, then you're lost, period.

And as a matter of fact, the bold above is a bunch of bullshit. Swagger and confidence have *0* to do with appearance. Burrow did not have the greatest teeth; he wanted to fix that. He has an affinity for fine clothes (which is paradoxical, as he dresses in childish socks and pocket squares, which IMMEDIATELY diminish the guy's look, if you at all have a fashion sense), so he bought them. How does that make him more efficient at his job or more serious at his craft? It doesn't and those that equate Burrow's look to his performance, have it completely twisted, as that's an absolutely false equivalency.

EDIT* To make a football comparison (thank you the Simpsons), Joe Namath was always dressed to the 9s, looked great for the ladies and had an undeniable, "swagger."

He was also one of the worst starting QBs in league history. While Johnny Unitas was drab, simple and would never stand out in a room of normal people. He is a HoFer and unquestionably, one of the 10 greatest QBs of all time.

I dress like absolute crap, relative to my job (I have easily been the worst-dressed person in my financial jobs, beyond the shadow of a doubt), yet I know for a fact that my demeanor and confidence are MOUNTAINS higher than anyone at said jobs that I've ever encountered (you can talk to my past managers about that as well and they would gladly back it up).

What matters are RESULTS, efficiency, accuracy and performance. Appearance means **** all and those who DO put stock in appearance, "because of the mentality," are just incredibly superficial and clearly care about the surface and not what counts underneath or anything tangible.

That's why I've been promoted twice at my current job, in 4 years. That's why I've gotten 7 raises in these 4 years. That's why I've had *5* different branches contact me today for assistance/advice, when my job is to communicate with members, respond to loan inquiries and has 0 to do with supporting any staff, branch or on my team. My results significantly outshine, "how I look," and those with a brain and who aren't superficial, recognize this and operate accordingly.

Of course, you want to look the bare minimum of professional, classy, etc. the rest? It all goes down to your results.

That's why the world is in the shits in the modern day, because the population puts more emphasis on appearance than guts, "swagger," than tangible results and performance. That superficial crap never holds and is the reason why we are devolving as a civilization, rather than evolving (socially, I mean).

Appearance only ENHANCES what is really there, but that's why it's a superficial quality, because it doesn't change the actual, tangible things.

And as for funerals, job interviews, etc., they are EVENTS; you are supposed to dress up for an event because it is an EVENT, not something you are judged on for your daily life/merit.

Sorry to be even more crass, but that was also a completely bullshit comparison.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Twitter with a hilarious Tweet - Truck_1_0_1_ - 10-14-2021, 03:35 PM