Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy
(05-12-2022, 01:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Hollo already covered this, but you could not be more wrong.  The protests are being done at their home for that exact reason, to intimidate.  We had this discussion in the MI protest.  The intent of any protest is to influence and intimidate others into falling in line with your position.  When it is done outside your private residence the implication is clear, we know where you live and we want you to fall in line with our position.  If you're claiming you wouldn't feel uneasy and intimidated with hundreds of people protesting outside your home I'm going to have to call 100% bullshit on that.

I didn't mention inter-racial marriage.  That aside, you're going to have to show me some proof that the majority of US citizens were in favor of either same sex marriage or forced integration at the time they were enacted.  Honestly, the fact that SCOTUS had to be the ones to implement both really puts the onus on you to prove otherwise.  If they were the "will of the people" why did SCOTUS have to be the one to enact them and not Congress, the organ that is actually supposed to represent the will of the people.

I don't disagree with your position on Roe in so far as it certainly will put women in red states in a difficult position.  But there has always been a balancing act between majority will and minority rights.  Pure majority rule is a recipe for some very ugly outcomes.  I'll conclude by stating that your ire should really be directed at the Dems, who failed to codify Roe style protections into federal law despite having the majority and the presidency on several occasions since the decision was made.  When you let SCOTUS write legislation for you then be prepared for SCOTUS to undo said "legislation" in the future.

Fine - its intimidation. Whatever. I still feel zero sympathy for the people intimidating the same folks who made intimidation of employees of abortion clinics legal. **** them.

I quoted you and misremembered desegregation of schools for interracial marriage for some reason (probably because I read some dumb ass headline an hour or so before about Thomas undoing his own marriage next; leftist fear mongering I'm sure). That said, I'll attach some photos I've found from articles about the subject (and will edit this to link to articles if asked; I'm on mobile so links are a pain).

I don't tend to get irritated at politicians who do nothing - that's what they're good for. I will take umbrage with the SCotUS suddenly going back on their words (please note I'm not shocked as I trusted Thomas, Kavanaugh, Barret, and Alito about as far as I could throw their combined mass) about 'settled law' and spitting in the face of every damn American they sat in front of and lied through their teeth to. I'm tired of the country rolling over for these grifters and thieves.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - Dill - 12-04-2021, 02:37 PM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 12-07-2021, 11:51 AM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 05-03-2022, 11:58 PM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 05-04-2022, 09:19 AM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 05-04-2022, 05:22 PM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 05-04-2022, 12:31 AM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 05-04-2022, 12:19 AM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 05-04-2022, 02:50 PM
RE: Roe vs Wade vs SCOTUS legitimacy - CJD - 05-04-2022, 03:02 PM