Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor's Play Calling In OT Was Unforgivable
(12-15-2021, 02:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This makes no sense at all.  Zac was trying to get a TD.  His play calling set up a third and 3 that should have been easy to convert.  This would have allowed the Bengals to keep driving for a game winning TD.

It amazes me how many people think we would not have been allowed to try and score a TD if we converted that easy third and 3.

It makes sense. If you cannot process or understand a perspective different than your own, then oh well. Intricate knowledge of NFL coaching and play calling isn't needed to grasp that Zac passed on an immediate opportunity to let Burrow continue to throw to get a win. Zac took the play making out of the hands of his arguably best player, Burrow, for two consecutive downs. Instead he persisted with two runs that did not set up a continued drive for the TD. He had to kick a FG, let the 49'ers have the ball, and lost. Yes, had the runs worked Zac could have continued with play calls to try and win the game.

I understand that if the runs were successful, then the drive could have continued. I understand what getting a first down means for the offense in football. It is strange you assume people do not have this basic understanding of the game. It amazes me you would make such a fruitless assumption.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor's Play Calling In OT Was Unforgivable - TecmoBengals - 12-15-2021, 02:53 PM