Poll: most dissapointing playoff loss under Marvin Lewis?
This poll is closed.
2005 vs Steelers
20.73%
17 20.73%
2009 vs Jets
7.32%
6 7.32%
2011 @ Texans
1.22%
1 1.22%
2012 @ Texans
2.44%
2 2.44%
2013 vs Chargers
67.07%
55 67.07%
2014 @ Colts
1.22%
1 1.22%
Total 82 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most dissapointing playoff loss under marvin
(05-23-2015, 08:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Chargers - No reason we should've lost this game. We were favored at home over a team we'd run all over in San Diego. Gio's fumble, Andy's 2nd half meltdown and a suddenly inept defense were all culprits. We abandoned the run too quickly as well.

2. Steelers - Obvious reasons.

3. Texans 2.0 - This is the only game where the defense was even semi-decent, but the offense didn't show up. Jay decided to feature Gresh over AJ in the first half, which was facepalm worthy. The run game was practically ignored in a close game. Andy overthrew AJ for the win.

4. Colts - This game just felt more like the Bengals playng poorly than the Colts playing well. 3rd string RB Boom Herron gashed our defense for 140+ yards from scrimmage. Luck threw for 376 on our supposedly elite secondary. We didn't run well enough to stick with it. Dalton actually wasn't terrible despite missing pretty much every good receiver on the roster. This loss wasn't on him.

5. Jets - My hopes were down after the Jets manhandled us in regular season. Sure some people think our starters weren't trying, but I don't buy it. Still, it was disappointing to see the team waste a heroic effort from CedBen. Palmer was horrible. Chad was on Revis island. The defense laid a huge egg, getting owned by Sanchez and Shonn Greene of all people. Shayne went 0-2, but we probably would've lost even with the FG's.

6. Texans 1.0 - Even the least disappointing loss was still disappointing. Simply for the fact that we got beat by the Texans' 3rd string QB (TJ Yates). To this day, Yates has been dreadful in every game he's played in...except for his 2 starts against the Bengals, where he was exceptional in both. Even terrible players look good against us in the playoffs. It's ridiculous. Dalton threw 3 INT's, but as a rookie facing Watt on the road, most of us didn't expect much. Still disappointing though.

This is all just so accurate that it's gross to think about.

(05-23-2015, 10:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: That was a rough ride down memory lane.

I got to go with the Chargers game. The 8-0 home record, the offense, it just seemed like our year.

05 was heartbreaking.

100% agreed with the first part and 110% agreed with the second. The Chargers game was the game where I KNEW we were breaking the streak. It was impossible us to lose that game.......whoops! Heartbreaking.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most dissapointing playoff loss under marvin - djs7685 - 05-23-2015, 11:42 PM