Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time Travel/Loop or Alternate Reality Movies
(01-14-2022, 06:53 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’m too lazy to read through the thread and suggestions, but also one of my favorite type of stories:

Looper - Freaking great movie with Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt (On Netflix)

Boss Level - just pure action and comedy with Frank Grillo [on hulu]

Groundhog Day - my favorite comedy you should have seen this one with bill murray

Tenet - Confusing, but fun. Need to watch a few times I think. With John David Washington (Denzel’s son) and everyone’s favorite sparkling vampire (in a good acting job from him)

The Source Code - Fun sci-fi with Jake Gyllenhal and one of my favorite actors that’s never seemingly had a major starring role in anything I’ve seen in Jeffrey Wright.

Midnight in Paris - if you like Woody Allen and Owen Wilson

Edge of Tomorrow - Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt action packed extravaganza. Pretty funny too early on.

The Tomorrow War - Good action movie with Chris Pratt. Just solid fun. Maybe went a bit too long.

Paycheck - an underrated old Ben Affleck movie.

Idiocracy - traveling to what feels like the nearer future everyday. A really dumb comedy.

Black Knight - a really shitty Martin Lawrence comedy I have always loved. Doesn’t compare to any of the above.

Click - one of Adam Sandler better late stage comedies.

The Butterfly Effect - Ashton Kutcher time travel drama. Love this movie. Never saw the direct to dvd sequels though. There’s also 2 endings to this movie I never knew that until recently.

The map of tiny perfect things - a random loop romantic comedy you and the wife/girl could watch maybe? [amazon prime]

Happy Death Day 1/2 - mostly comedy slasher time movie. Really enjoyed the first. Second was okay.

Also forgot to mention on the video game front I really enjoyed Life is Strange. As it is a story game you could really just watch someone play it guess. But it is a teen drama style of game. It gets better and darker as the story progresses along.

I've seen 12/15 of these.  quick comments on some of the newer ones:
  • boss level - just incredibly fun to watch
  • map of tiny perfect things - actually is a cute little date movie.  I liked this more than i probably should've
  • tenet (not really new anymore) I don't care what people say, this movie is great
happy death, idiocracy, and midnight in paris are the 3 i haven't seen.  I'll check them out to see if it's something I'd like!
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time Travel/Loop or Alternate Reality Movies - basballguy - 05-23-2022, 11:24 PM