Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Raiders’ Confidence on Saturday
(01-13-2022, 05:13 PM)M.W. Wrote: I am a lot more confident after reading this.  

Happy to help.

I will re-emphasize the Any Given Saturday part though Tongue.

Just because the Raiders stumbled their way through their 4 game winning streak doesn't mean we will definitely beat them. They may just trip and stumble by us as well!

I'm just saying when it comes to being "hot," I consider the Bengals WAY hotter than the Raiders. We scorched the Ravens and took down the best team in the country in consecutive weeks, with a gritty defensive game against the Broncos before that. If we didn't rest our starters against Cleveland, I'm pretty comfortable saying we smoke them (Burrow would have only had to make up a difference of *checks notes* 6 points compared to Brandon Allen which, you know, I think he could handle) and then suddenly we're "equally" as hot as the Raiders? I dunno, I think the Raiders' abilities are being overstated here.

If we had a decent RT, I'd give us a 99% chance to win this game. It's only the ineptitude of Prince that makes me think the Raiders may pull off a shocker. Probably will require a strip sack for a touchdown by Crosby, something like that. That and our perpetual failure is making me wonder if it's just fate that we lose, but that's completely divorced from the idea of the Raiders.

There's nothing elite about this opponent other than their two defensive ends. If we overcome them, I'm not sure how we don't win this game.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raiders’ Confidence on Saturday - CJD - 01-13-2022, 05:33 PM