Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia begins moving troops into eastern Ukraine
(02-22-2022, 07:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Eh, it's really a dig at how impotent Biden has been in all of this.  Like it or not, Putin specifically waited to do this until Trump was out of office.  Note, I am not saying that Trump is some foreign policy genius, but he is vain and unpredictable.  Putin would have zero idea how Trump would react to this move, the possibilities range from a shrug of the shoulders to all out war.  Biden is predictable and, regardless of how you perceive him, is perceived by Putin and Xi as a weak old man.  The timing of this is absolutely planned.

Lastly, it's certainly not brilliant planning on Putin's part, it's literally the Sudetenland playbook to a tee.

Absolutely, it's a dark day and I really feel for the people of Ukraine and Taiwan.  To have freedom wrested from you and be placed under the yoke of the garbage governments in Russia and China is terrible to contemplate.  Too bad Europe, overall, is an impotent mess without the military strength to defend their own countries, much less a weaker neighbor.

I feel for the people as well. They have some bad times coming their way and many innocent lives are going to be lost on both sides. 

The rest of this reply is regarding posts in the thread: I believe Ukraine military and citizens are going to fight this to the death of the country if need be. I usually want the US to stay out of other countries conflicts, but we need to intervene and so does the UN.

China is pumping it's chest over Taiwan. This is going to be tough to plan possible conflicts with 2 major countries at the same time. Specially at a time when I feel the country is at is weakest. IMO, we look like school children fighting over a lot of petty things. Some serious, but our media both left and right make us look like fools.

I don't fear nuclear war. It's possible yes, but economically, other countries need a functioning US. However, if it happens, I sincerely doubt the ability of many pampered, coddled Americans to survive. Most don't think it's even possible and have no clue. Heck, we don't even teach real history anymore so how would they?

Our military, although lean and mean, is not large enough numerically in our current situation. They're not as tough as my generation (pov), but they are a lot smarter. Yet still not large enough.

Biden should get us back to energy independence so there is less pain and repercussions. When people are paying a ton at the pump, with already inflated food prices, empty shelves and utility bills and rent through the roof, it's not a good look.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russia begins moving troops into eastern Ukraine - HarleyDog - 02-22-2022, 09:42 PM