Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia begins moving troops into eastern Ukraine
(02-24-2022, 07:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think we are too divided to agree on a common enemy now, though.  The "enemy" has become our own fellow citizens.  Why fear some dictator across the ocean when americans all around you are ruining everything?

And that's exactly why I think the opposite.  Contrary to some statements here, and elsewhere, no one in this country is on Putin's side. This kind of thing is exactly what causes nation's to close ranks.  Biden's political opposition will certainly use Putin's actions to tear Biden apart, and in some respects deservedly so, but at the end of the day I don't think your position will be the one to win out.  You could be right, but I don't think you are and I certainly hope otherwise.

As an aside, I wouldn't be shocked if Finland and others now join NATO.  Putin went from fearing NATO's expansion to directly enabling it.  To quote Bababooey, it's a bit of a stumble.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russia begins moving troops into eastern Ukraine - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-24-2022, 07:22 PM