Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia begins moving troops into eastern Ukraine
(02-28-2022, 11:31 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: This is my biggest fear at this point.

The fact that this hasn't gone well for Putin has only made the situation worse imo. Not that I wanted it to go well...... But at this point Putin has to feel pretty humiliated and I don't see him backing down partly because of that. I believe Putin will either do a full scale invasion or drop a nuke, but neither situation has a good outcome.

One thing to keep in mind is that in 2014, Putin said that if the west cut Russia off from SWIFT that it would be a declaration of war. Now, Russia has spent the past 8 years trying to set up alternatives and safe guards for this, utilizing China as a work-around for this, but I'm not sure how far along they have gone with that. So it will be interesting to see what happens in the aftermath of these sanctions.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russia begins moving troops into eastern Ukraine - Belsnickel - 02-28-2022, 11:47 AM