Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia begins moving troops into eastern Ukraine
(02-28-2022, 07:29 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Ahh yes.

I forgot about how rational it was for Putin to invade Ukraine.

Lets not act like this guy isn't acting out of fear and lunacy. Putin has clearly lost his marbles and weighing his actions based on rationality is hard given the irrationality of his current actions.

Let me be clear. I'm not saying Putin is going to drop a Tsar Bomba on Ukraine. However, I absolutely believe Putin would use a low yield nuclear weapon. Not because it's rational to do so, but because I think he's insane enough to do it. Perhaps you have more faith in him than I do.

We have a dangerous situation on our hands. The invasion of Ukraine clearly hasn't gone the way Putin thought it would and he is suffering militarily because of it. Next you have the sanctions that are damaging Russia economically. Then you have countries uniting with Ukraine in support and sending them much needed supplies to fend off the Russian invasion with NATO practically knocking on the doorstep with response forces.

If Putin's military campaign continues to meet significant resistance, I believe Putin may feel backed into a corner enough to justify using low yield nuclear weapons.

I don't mean this question to sound obnoxious but do you know why Russia is invading Ukraine?  I feel like if you understood Putin's logic (however wrong it is), then common sense would prevail and you would not fear a nuclear bomb being deployed.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russia begins moving troops into eastern Ukraine - basballguy - 02-28-2022, 08:03 PM