Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia begins moving troops into eastern Ukraine
(03-25-2022, 12:48 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Hollo gets what so many do not.  Russia has always had a massive inferiority complex in relation to Europe, and later the West as a whole.  Russians are a very proud people and the only time they were treated with any deference was during the USSR days.  They are essentially the national example of it's better to be feared than loved.  The Russians want to be respected and they generally don't care what form that respect takes.  Understand this and Putin's maneuvers make perfect sense.  Of course, the invasion is actually proving to be embarrassing, but I guarantee he never envisioned that.

Taking from your points of pride and embarrassment, these are things which make his future judgements unstable and unpredictable. I don't put it past him to use nuclear, biological or chemical weapons at any moment. Although I don't think biological weapons are his specialty, the others are definitely in his wheelhouse. In a time when the West should be iron fisted, my fear in the long game is we end up giving in and picking lessor evils to attempt to end this crisis. IMO, this would be the worst thing we could do.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russia begins moving troops into eastern Ukraine - HarleyDog - 03-25-2022, 01:13 PM