Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Bengals haven't done enough to address O-line problems.
(03-16-2022, 02:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Why is it dubious? Players do not progress? You think a switch back to Center would automatically cause a regression? Why assume a negative outcome? Obviously the Bengals aren't assuming the worst, as Karras is penciled in at Center according to Hobson.

Are you really going to use a 57.0 postseason grade as your evidence that we should roll with Hopkins? That's a bad grade.

If you're using this as evidence that Hopkins is recovering from an injury, then I guess you're also assuming that this recovery will continue and Hopkins will be the guy he was at his peak?

If so, why are you assuming the best for Hopkins, but the worst for Karras?

I'm not doing any assuming. Hopkins was bad last year. Bad in reg season. Bad in the playoffs. Karras was not bad last time he played Center. He's also progressed as a player.

I don't see Hopkins growing as a player unlike Karras and Karras is also a fine Guard.

So many reasons to move on from Hop honestly. Frees up cap space so we can sign Tretter and Daryl Williams is #1 for me.

(03-16-2022, 02:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Hopkins is the definition of mediocre. He's a starter here because Price was so bad and the rest of the line was bad.

Me and you get it.

Karras...seems to be on the upswing. No guarantee he continues to improve. But, his best season was definately better than Hopkins. Generally players his age do continue to improve.

Karras is so much better of a run blocker man, not even close.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals haven't done enough to address O-line problems. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-16-2022, 02:42 PM