Poll: What Position(s) Do We Take On Day Two?
Defensive End
Defensive Tackle
Trade Up For Jurgen
Other (List)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do We Do With Our Day Two Picks?
(04-29-2022, 01:20 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hill solves a lot of our secondary problems because he can play some corner and he's just a lightning fast play maker. He was great value where we got him.

The question is, where do you go on day two?

Interior defensive line? Defensive End?

Trade up to get Jurgen at center?

Our Round 2 is like a Round 3.  Our Round 3 is like a Round 4.   So here is what they should do.  Do as they did in Round 1.  Sit back and watch who gets taken, and take the best player still on the board.  So At Pick 63, or whatever, If there is a player ranked around around 50 still there, do it.   

I'll take a Round 2 guess on looking at ESPN Best Available List.   I see Offensive Tackles and Defensive Tackles on the board who ESPN rank as good picks at 63.   Teams may start a taking QBs and WR's and RB's.   Some teams may take a Safety which Bengals already covered that spot.  So I see Bengals getting another D Lineman with Ogunjobi gone from inside pass rush.  A DT or a DE.   However if the best player is one of these top ranked Offensive Tackles still on the board, do not rule out more Blocking Depth for Burrow.  Injuries happen and Bengals are weak on Tackle back-ups if one gets hurt.  

So I will guess Best Available BIG MONSTER TYPE GUY as a D Line Tackler or an O Line Blocker.  That's how I'm seeing the board.  Some Trench Player who could have went in Mid 2nd Round, just as Bengals took the Safety who could have went Mid 1st Round.  ESPN has many names on the board that fit the bill, so look for Bengals to get one. 

If you go on ESPN Draft Cast, and click on Best Available, you will see D Line and O Line players who would be great to grab if they fall to Bengals in late 2nd round. Rainmann at OT or Winfrey at DT for example.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Do We Do With Our Day Two Picks? - kevin - 04-29-2022, 02:25 AM