Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AR-15s put in all Madison Cnty schools to enhance security in case of active shooter
(08-07-2022, 08:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Interesting...I'm not a gun guy so I've never head of this.  It is common/logical practice to store firearms and the relevant ammo separately?  Why?

The whole reason to lock up your firearms is to prevent someone who shouldn't be accessing them from accessing them and using them in a manner they shouldn't be used. If you store your ammunition with your firearms then access to one storage location means they not only have the firearms, but the ammunition as well. In the case of someone with nefarious intent, they now have all they need to do damage. In the case of a child being curious, they now have the ability to inadvertently harm themselves or someone else.

The preferred system is to have the ammunition and firearms stored in separate rooms under separate locks. For instance, my firearms are in a safe tucked in a closet in my house that has its own key. My ammunition is in a dry box in another room with two padlocks on it. No one other than my wife and I knows where these two locations are in the house.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AR-15s put in all Madison Cnty schools to enhance security in case of active shooter - Belsnickel - 08-08-2022, 07:47 AM