Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
FBI executes search warrant at Mar-A-Lago
(08-13-2022, 06:19 PM)Dill Wrote: Let's start with this: 

The records seized did not belong to Trump; they belonged to the government. The BIG question is why he took and kept them at all; though such action is not inconsistent with his previous lax treatment of intel, in terms of volume 27 boxes is just off the charts unprecedented.

That unprecedented action, like many others of Trump, forced unprecedented reaction from the DOJ--the issuance of a search warrant to regain the records after Trump lied to the NARA: "I have turned over everything requested."

Once Trump announced the "raid," and his party and news organization began denouncing the action as "unnecessary" and yet another "weaponization of government against the people," it was inevitable that the warrant and some list of seized materials would fall into public discussion, with the MSM explaining the legal implications and possible consequences, and Fox following Trump denouncing the search, claiming he could "de-classify" classified intel, and giving airtime to people speculating about planted evidence and FBI agents touring Melania's panty drawer.

Drawing out the implications of the Espionage Act violation made unprecedented mention of "nuclear" documents inevitable, though in the MSM news shows, people have been generally careful to note that 1) "nuclear" doesn't necessarily mean bomb secrets, 2) it can include assessments of other countries' policies and capabilities, and 3) no president can unilaterally declassify nuclear top secrets; that would route through the Department of Energy. Trump would not have the last say.  Trump's possession of such dangerous documents likely triggered the search, taking control of their recovery away from the unreliable and recalcitrant Trump. 

I share your unease regarding public discussion of all these topics. I should add that, again, our allies have to be concerned about sharing intel with us if we cannot secure it. (Israelis especially.) And the TOP SECURITY THREAT in this respect could become the next president of the U.S.

Well of course the allies are concerned. I don't think that started just now.

As far as the 'nuclear documents' go, yeah I feel there should be a rule that if you report on things like that possibly being stolen, you have to have clear proof of that, or you'd better just keep to 'highly classified documents', which is bad enough on its own. The media is speculating about it. And now everyone talks about nuclear secrets, because that's what sticks. And then if it turns out there were no nuclear secrets stolen, just some other secrets? Then the Trump side will again say look they treat us so unfairly. And even got a good argument with these unverified accusations of nuclear secret theft. So why would MSM even go there? Yeah they've been 'careful' when debating it, great, but they should not have so broadly debated it in the first place. I see no sense in that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: FBI executes search warrant at Mar-A-Lago - hollodero - 08-13-2022, 07:00 PM