Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
FBI executes search warrant at Mar-A-Lago
(01-20-2023, 08:11 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was listening to a news story about this whole situation and it was very interesting. Apparently, the whole way the Presidential Records Act makes administrations handle their documents actually increases the risk of mishandling of classified information. In addition, the way there is a reliance on paper for these documents is also an issue. For instance, the PDB has long been printed and delivered, but Obama opted for an iPad that contained the information. This option was actually more secure and provided fewer opportunities for the mishandling of the information.

One former official, I forget which one, discussed stories of a number of folks who would retire and eventually find classified materials in their box. They would handle it by calling the local office and having them pick it up. Considered no harm no foul, and this is much like how the Biden team handled it. There was also discussion of someone taking a binder of 30-40 unclassified documents home after work to read some more, not realizing that in the appendices there was a classified page.

All of this goes to what I have been saying which is that the way in which the two president's handled these situations after discovery of the documents is what makes all the difference here.

That would also explain why the first few months of the whole Trump document issue involved a whole lotta "Hey, just give those things back and we'll move on with our lives, ok?" from the government. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: FBI executes search warrant at Mar-A-Lago - Nately120 - 01-20-2023, 10:59 AM