Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THIS is what black people be talking about…
(10-02-2022, 12:30 PM)Housh Wrote: I mean….

If your group of ppl is being systematically locked out of a job field that group is indeed a victim. They aren’t “ playing the victim”. If player A and player B have the same resume but have different odds at being a head coach and those odds appear to revolve solely around their skin color then they ARE a victim of bias and/or racism.

VICTIM DEFINITION
“a person harmed, injured, or killed as a result of a crime, accident, or other event or action.”

1 key word and 1 key phrase in this definition. 1st one is the word “Harmed.” The harm CAN be emotional, financial, AND physical. Most jobs even say PERCEIVED harm can be bad. Meaning you can tell a race joke at work that i find offensive and they’ll count that as harm. So if the majority of black coaches PERCEIVE they aren’t getting a fair shake then they are victims. (Yeah i know that’s a can of worms but I’m just going by the definition.)

2nd is a phrase and that is “as a result of a crime, accident, or other event or action.” Even if the harm is by “some other event”, such as Zac Taylor by random chance having the least diverse staff, it still counts as harm in the NFL’s eyes.

So by the definition the NFL has historically victimized black and coaches.(allegedly)

I never understood shaming ppl for being actual victims. I understand Jussie Smollett and hating those types of fakers but I’d love to believe most ppl aren’t pulling a smollett just because they failed or missed out on a job.

I think you read what he wrote backward
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals are now a diversity "problem" - michaelsean - 10-02-2022, 12:34 PM