Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THIS is what black people be talking about…
(10-11-2022, 10:26 PM)Housh Wrote: I personally liked Hie as OC.

I never felt playcalling was an issue

Hue’s issue is he and Marvin has no control over the team’s discipline.

Which makes them worse coaches. But especially with Hue, I would say that a 0-16 season is an additional issue. Finding excuses or external reasons only can go so far. A 0-16 is a lot to blame on lack of talent, discipline and Cleveland toxicity alone.

Yet Cleveland kept him. And after they finally let go, the Bengals took him back in some capacity. A move you might have approved of, but I think it's safe to say most people were rather surprised and taken aback by that and it's obvious why. It seemed inexplicable. Which might not be true if Hue were a white guy, then some people would find an explanation, it's got to be white privilege. In fact I'm pretty certain some folks would have felt and said so. Case in point, you reached that exact same conclusion in regards to Zac Taylor.

And that's where I feel the premise of your whole thread falls a bit flat. I'm not denying that the underlying symptomatics are very real, but high-end coaching might not be the best example. Eg. you more or less implied that Sean McVay chose Zac Taylor because of racial bias, and I don't think that's a reasonable assumption. I don't think he'd come that far if he hired his staff based on racial bias, I'd rather assume there's little room for such prejudices in a highly professional setting like the coaching staff of one of the most successful NFL coaches.

(10-11-2022, 10:26 PM)Housh Wrote: One thing I’ll say about Zac is he exudes professionalism and we don’t get dumb ass penalties with him. With a roster this young that means that a Zac must be a solid leader in the locker room. I never felt Hue or Marvin was that.

I mean, he was in the Super Bowl. I know there possibly was luck and momentum involved, but still. A bad coach that only climbed the ladder because of white networks probably does not achieve that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: THIS is what black people be talking about… - hollodero - 10-12-2022, 01:08 PM