Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Combine MDD - Simulation
(03-08-2023, 12:39 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Max Scharping showed why he was cut by one of the worst teams in the NFL before we claimed him off waivers.  He was horrible.  No way should he be resigned.  We will have to play KC again.  Does anybody really want Scharping out there?  even in a backup role?

I would love Hurst back but what is he going to want?  We wouldnt pay Uzomah 8 million a year because that was way too much to pay a TE for what they do in this offense.  Why would we turn around and then pay Hurst 7-8 million a year?  Im sorry but if that is what Hurst is looking for we can find cheaper options elsewhere just like we did last year.

I would also love to have Pratt back but what is he going to want?

The only one we must bring back is Bell and that is only if Bates walks.  If Bell demands something ridiculous spend a little more money and bring Bates back and let Bell walk.

Scharping is a backup. Just because he is re-signed does not mean he makes the 53 man roster. You can state that he was terrible but he had a 60.5 blocking grade according to PFF and in comparison Cappa had a 67.6. 

Hurst is a better TE than CJ. CJ was a fan favorite but he is a rather average TE. If we could get Hurst for somewhere around 6-7 a year I would be fine with that as he fits this offense perfectly.

The market value for Pratt will be dropping because the market is about to be saturated with quality LBs that are going to be cap casualties. I believe the Bengals can easily get a good deal done with Pratt and I believe Pratt is smart enough to know he has flourished in the Anarumo defense.

Bates is gone and that is fine because I would rather have Bell back. Bell is a leader in the locker room and is an outstanding pro to have mentoring your young safeties. Bates has admittedly not played to his potential while turning down an offer that would have made him the 3rd highest paid safety in the league even when statistically he was not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Post Combine MDD - Simulation - OSUfan - 03-07-2023, 10:17 PM
RE: Post Combine MDD - Simulation - OSUfan - 03-08-2023, 04:17 PM
RE: Post Combine MDD - Simulation - pulses - 03-08-2023, 10:21 PM
RE: Post Combine MDD - Simulation - OSUfan - 03-09-2023, 09:54 AM
RE: Post Combine MDD - Simulation - OSUfan - 03-08-2023, 05:38 PM
RE: Post Combine MDD - Simulation - OSUfan - 03-08-2023, 08:44 PM
RE: Post Combine MDD - Simulation - OSUfan - 03-08-2023, 08:58 PM
RE: Post Combine MDD - Simulation - OSUfan - 03-08-2023, 10:03 PM
RE: Post Combine MDD - Simulation - OSUfan - 03-09-2023, 10:36 AM
RE: Post Combine MDD - Simulation - OSUfan - 03-09-2023, 05:17 PM