Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(05-08-2023, 06:14 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Yeah copy and pasting on mobile is weird. Not sure why it jacked up the size.

Anyways, my point (as clearly as I can make it) is your post reads as though your favorite uncle's attitude speaks for the entire LGBTQ community, as if there aren't plenty of other slugs for salt voters out there. I can assure you that nobody's narrow window of the community - whether their active in it or not - speaks for the whole community.

As someone who hates broad strokes against LEOs, I'd think you would be less inclined to use them.

Ahh, I understand your confusion now.  Also, before I continue, I never stated that was my uncle's position, at all.  

I think your confusion lies from my use of the word "appears".  As I said it "appears" there is a schism in the LGBT community that is getting worse.  For comparison, let's say a person is stopped by the police for suspicion of DUI. The officer will say that it "appears" the person is under the influence.  This, of course, is not a statement of fact, that the person in question is factually under the influence.  The statement is that, from the officer's perspective the person shows the signs of being under the influence.  So, when I say it "appears" that there is a schism in the LGBT community over this issue that is an inherent statement that, from my perspective, and my perspective only, this is the case.  As you say, it appears to you to be different.  Also, as you correctly stated, this is not a homogenous community, as is the case for any other group, for which any statement will be 100% true.

I sincerely hope this clears everything up.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-08-2023, 06:35 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM