Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(05-11-2023, 03:13 PM)Lucidus Wrote: https://blockclubchicago.org/2023/05/09/chicago-gay-bars-face-harassment-after-ditching-bud-light-over-dylan-mulvaney-controversy/

A handful of LGBTQ bars have faced online harassment for discontinuing Anheuser-Busch InBev products after the beer giant distanced itself from a transgender influencer amid backlash.

While many expressed appreciation that the bars were standing up for transgender people, others left transphobic and homophobic messages on their pages, said Mark Robertson, co-owner of 2Bears Tavern Group, which manages four of the five bars.

“We’ve gotten a lot of hate mail, but it’s not my first experience with bullying, so I’ve got pretty tough skin, as do a lot of LGBTQ people who have been through this before,” Robertson said.

“We really felt that Anheuser-Busch InBev completely abandoned the LGBTQ community, particularly the T part of our community.”

I don't drink light beer of any brand, BUT as a true social justice warrior
I had my first two ever Bud lights last Friday evening, to show my support the LGBTQ community. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - Dill - 05-15-2023, 12:01 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM