Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(06-08-2023, 01:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A further point on this issue.  Since when is it unacceptable for people to vote with their wallets?  You can disagree with their reason for doing so all you want, but their right to do so is undisputed.  Or is it?  Apparently now boycotts of certain businesses is "economic terrorism".

https://www.newsweek.com/target-boycott-over-lgbtq-products-literally-terrorism-economist-1802961

I think the threats to employees are the part that this article is calling terrorism, not the boycott itself.

This may be a bit hyperbolic, depending on what the threats are and how likely they are to be carried out, but threats are a real thing and should not be brushed away immediately.

Again, I think this is a symptom of social media culture bleeding into real life. If you say something bad on Twitter, you may get death threats sent to you via DM. The vast majority of those are empty threats since they likely don't know your real name, where you live, where you work etc.

But a person walking into a Target and verbally threatening employees is...different and should be treated as such by the police, if anything escalates to the level of a real threat.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - CJD - 06-08-2023, 01:23 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM