Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(06-08-2023, 08:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Or that all Trump supporters are racist bigots?  But you asked for an example of the ideology, I gave it.  If the more mainstream members of the movement completely disavowed this you'd have a much stronger position.

Yes, that is another example. It still doesn't make it an ideology.

(06-08-2023, 08:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, I wasn't.  I said they promoted him.  As for merchandise marketed towards children the "tuck friendly" swimwear leaps to mind.  Of the myriad clothing items with pride messages on them.

Don't take my word for it, here's the pride merchandise for children search on their website.

https://www.target.com/c/kids/lgbt-pride/-/N-xcoz4Zt4bgn

Eh, still seemed to me like you were referencing him. The tuck friendly swimwear was not marketed towards children, that was a false claim. As for the clothing items on there? I don't see anything outrageous.

(06-08-2023, 08:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You asked about sex education for children, is anal sex not sex?

Everywhere that I know of the curriculum for sex education is based on what is appropriate for the grade level. Lower grade levels talk about anatomy and family units. When you talk about family units, well, the idea of same-sex parents is going to be a thing. That doesn't mean that there needs to be discussion about what they do in the bedroom. So, unless I can see some evidence of them talking about anal sex with elementary schoolers I am not going to be up in arms over this.

(06-08-2023, 08:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You, me and pretty much everyone else from Gen X.  Point being that a topic you know about is not the same as a topic endorsed by adults.  When I was 17 I came home drunk as hell off Rumplemintz (can't even smell it now decades later).  I was vomiting in the bathroom when my dad came in and asked if I was ok.  I told him I had food poisoning and he said ok and asked if I needed anything.  I said no and he left me to it.  At the time I was thinking I had gotten away with a grand deception, but as an adult you know that bathroom reeked of booze and he absolutely knew what was going on.  But if he had confronted me about being drunk and been ok with it would that not have encouraged the behavior?  Part of growing up is testing boundaries and believing you got over on adults.  There's a huge difference between that and adults actually excusing or endorsing that behavior.

You're equation here really implies you view being part of the LGBTQ+ community as immoral or somehow wrong.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - Belsnickel - 06-08-2023, 08:46 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM