Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(06-16-2023, 11:01 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Of course. I try to be open minded.

No college.  Went right into the military.  I doubt I would have seen this if I went to college anyway as it would have been over 3 decades ago.

All I can go by is what is reported.  You see right leaning or conservative speakers get canceled and students flipping out.  Riley Gaines, Ben Shapiro, etc, etc, etc.

From my perspective and from what I have seen and read (which is all I can go by) is that the Left/Progressives are intolerant or even become violent when confronted with different viewpoints.

I personally don't care who a speaker is.  I don't have to go.  I don't have to listen.  I can change the channel.  It seems the Left these days have completely lost that ability.

Even Bell said some of the students just couldn't ignore a speaker.  Had to protest on the other side of campus.  Why?  Just don't go.  It's just someone's opinion, but they get so worked up over a different perspective or a speaker.  I feel sorry for these kids in the real world.  Maybe some will get lucky and work in Progressive environments, but there will be quite a few who are going to have quite a rude awakening upon leaving their safe Prog (college) bubble.

I never said college makes you closed minded. Maybe reinforce, keep you in a bubble, but not necessarily makes you a closed minded Prog.

As someone who left university less than a decade ago (and post-secondary institutions less that 8 years ago and who is still involved with their University at Alumni events and the like), I can unequivocally say that this is not only a blanket generalisation, but it is 100% false. False, lying, BS.

Of the hundreds of people I follow who go to/recently graduated University on IG, I can literally count *3* of them, that are the, "protest everything/make a stink about everything," because it doesn't agree with their POV.

And perhaps 2 dozen are conservative, the rest are ALL left-leaning.

I'm talking HUNDREDS of young people.

Yet, of the 75-90 people I went to elementary, HS and post-secondary with who ARE conservative/on the right, I can unequivocally say that ALL of them, save for... 11 of them, post *DAILY*, the conservative propaganda that comes from the US.

I've muted almost all of them because all they do is shove this bullshit propaganda down everyone's throats: I want to go to IG to enjoy myself and keep abreast on those close to me, not to see political crap.

So from my experience as a younger person and whom follows/is around significantly more young people than yourself, I again call 100% BS, on your sweeping, generalised statement.

And in my experience my whole life, while PROTESTING is almost exclusively on the left, being an asshole and complaining about everything that they don't like, is almost exclusively a right-leaning practice.

I am slightly left of center on the spectrum, btw (if you know how Kevin Nash is politically-speaking, I am essentially 1:1 like him), so I have no horse in this race (I do think some of the left protesting is a bit over the top, but not in every case).

EDIT**

Nowadays, specifically over this alternative lifestyle subject, it seems the left is completely, "live and let live," with the right being the ones to complain and be pissed off all the time...

I mean, just look at this thread for proof.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]

Messages In This Thread
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - Truck_1_0_1_ - 06-16-2023, 01:56 PM