Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(06-20-2023, 07:30 PM)Leon Wrote: your trying to do what so many do. making the religious folk out to be bad for putting there trust in there creator and believing he knows better than we do. what standard do you use to say God is wrong about anything other than one you just made up outta thin air. you cant even have a standard unless you start with the One who made the standard

And you're avoiding the question because you know it is a morally reprehensible position to agree with. I use a basic morality standard that we have adjusted to in modern society. The average person in modern society is more morally just than this creator that many worship. It is part of the issue with the bible - a book that contains holy words from a supposedly omniscient, all-powerful, perfectly moral god argues positions that are so vile and evil that you have to cherry pick. Thus, you have to come to the conclusion that either this god is not a moral god, and not a loving god, or he is evil. Or, a third option is that he doesn't exist to begin with. 

The passage I refer to is Deuteronomy 22:20-21. 

Quote:If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.

Messages In This Thread
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - KillerGoose - 06-20-2023, 07:38 PM