Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three US soldiers killed and up to 34 injured in drone attack.
(02-01-2024, 07:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I know you aren't asking me, but right now the main thing seems to be Trump taking what Biden does, or reading the tea leaves on what he might do and then saying he'd do the exact opposite and it'd be way better and then conservatives taking Trump's side and coming up with reasons why he's right...even when it means arguing against bombing the shit out of Iran which has been a GOP talking point or promise for decades.

Keep in mind that as much as we frame this as "what is Biden going to do" I've been assured that the president is not a single entity.  At least when people had to justify a second term for mentally-declining Reagan and electing a total boner-head in George W Bush I was told that you don't just vote for the president, you vote for the brain trust he surrounds himself with...or something. 

Excellent point about the inverted logic of Trump's current policy pronouncements. They are simply off-the-cuff reactions. But consistent with his
foreign policy as president, when he did "opposite Obama" on so many critical issues.

The bolded was true of every presidency until we got to Trump. GHW Bush and Clinton had pretty good trusts, comparatively speaking.

Trump doesn't quite fit the mold in that most of his "Trust," even far-right Iran hawk John Bolton, disagreed with his policies and spent much of
their energy in damage control. Virtually all of his FP advisors quit up into the last year of his presidency, and his former secretaries and the head of
the Joint Chiefs have spoken against another Trump presidency, citing the policy chaos. Nothing like this on any other president's record.

Yet now we see this fantasy narrative arising of a ME which had been stable under Trump only now spinning out of control under Biden.
 Count on the 55+ million to buy that.   Lalala      Scary.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Three US soldiers killed and up to 34 injured in drone attack. - Dill - 02-01-2024, 08:26 PM