Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three US soldiers killed and up to 34 injured in drone attack.
(02-01-2024, 08:26 PM)Dill Wrote: Excellent point about the inverted logic of Trump's current policy pronouncements. They are simply off-the-cuff reactions. But consistent with his
foreign policy as president, when he did "opposite Obama" on so many critical issues.

The bolded was true of every presidency until we got to Trump. GHW Bush and Clinton had pretty good trusts, comparatively speaking.

Trump doesn't quite fit the mold in that most of his "Trust," even far-right Iran hawk John Bolton, disagreed with his policies and spent much of
their energy in damage control. Virtually all of his FP advisors quit up into the last year of his presidency, and his former secretaries and the head of
the Joint Chiefs have spoken against another Trump presidency, citing the policy chaos. Nothing like this on any other president's record.

Yet now we see this fantasy narrative arising of a ME which had been stable under Trump only now spinning out of control under Biden.
 Count on the 55+ million to buy that.   Lalala      Scary.

I'm not sure how hyperbolic it even is to say a second Trump presidency would have him stuffing his cabinet with the most loyal cultists who just let him run wild. We've really gone from a 2016 mindset where Trump is just making a big show and will calm down and be more reasonable when he's in the white house to an idea that he's the only person who can and should be making decisions regarding this country in capacities that range across the entire spectrum.

Politics in this country have become more nationalized, less localized (as in I'm in PA and the border with Mexico is at the top of the list of issues people have realized this country has), and the one-sided bias of "when the other guy is in office we are his boss and when our guy is in office he's the boss and needs more power immunity" isn't even being ignored anymore, it's being celebrated.

It's like saying the Bengals need to have 7 downs to get 10 yards and the Steelers should only get 2 downs...it's what the founding fathers of the NFL would want. Me? Biased?  C'mon...ok you got me, so what?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Three US soldiers killed and up to 34 injured in drone attack. - Nately120 - 02-01-2024, 08:42 PM