Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
California home of freebies for illegal immigrants
(02-06-2024, 01:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're not wrong that drug money fuels the corruption in Mexico.  Where you are wrong is how to fix that.  Check out the absolute shit show that is Oregon after it decriminalized hard drug use.

https://apnews.com/article/oregon-drugs-decriminalization-pushback-bb209e6ba9835c69f95b093c8ee00279

Oregon’s first-in-the-nation law that decriminalized the possession of small amounts of heroin, cocaine and other illicit drugs in favor of an emphasis on addiction treatment is facing strong headwinds in the progressive state after an explosion of public drug use fueled by the proliferation of fentanyl and a surge in deaths from opioids, including those of children.

“The inability for people to live their day-to-day life without encountering open-air drug use is so pressing on urban folks’ minds,” said John Horvick, vice president of polling firm DHM Research. “That has very much changed people’s perspective about what they think Measure 110 is.”

I'm not saying legalization of some drugs could work, but legalizing all "hard drugs" is a terrible idea.  Heroin and Meth should never be legal due to their extreme addition rate and the damage they cause.

Oh let me clarify, I am not advocating for it to happen. I think that is an issue in and of itself. I'm saying that I believe the only way to actually de-fang the cartels would be something that drastic. They are too large and powerful at this point for anything else to work unless I have overlooked something over the years. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: California home of freebies for illegal immigrants - KillerGoose - 02-06-2024, 01:49 PM